PKO Bank Polski follows the principles of social responsibility and takes into account the impact of its actions on shareholders, suppliers, employees and the general public. These principles pursued by the bank in the non-financial areas of its operations include:
- Environment: it is aware of the challenges resulting from climate change, gradually eliminates activities that are harmful for the environment, supports environmental education.
- Society: it follows the principle of social responsibility, takes into account the impact of its actions on the general public, clients, suppliers, employees and shareholders.
- Corporate governance: it improves corporate governance and ensures transparent principles of management
In its operations the Bank applies the principle of sustainable development and pays increasing attention to the manner of using natural resources. In response to climate change, we began analysing the Bank’s impact on the natural environment. The Bank introduced climate factors as one of the criteria to be considered in sector policies, including with respect to high-emission industries. PKO also assessed the amount of greenhouse gases resulting from the bank’s operating activities and started mapping the product portfolio. The Bank launched an ESG project under which work on social, environmental and corporate governance challenges will be coordinated. Our actions to-date are reflected in the Bank’s ESG ratings, which remain at a medium level: the Bank’s ESG rating given by Sustainalytics stands at 26.4 (medium risk), rating by FTSE Russell at 3.1, while the MSCI rating at BBB.
The Bank is one of the Ecological Responsibility Charter’s Signatories. For the first time in August 2020, the Bank disclosed information related to Climate Change covered under the CDP Disclosure Insight Action. The disclosure includes information about the consumption of raw materials, GHG emissions and it presents basic climate risks and opportunities. The first disclosure is not scored.
- Answers to ESG questions raised at the AGM 26.08.2020
- Ecological Responsiblity Charter
- The PKO Bank Polski S.A. Group Directors' Report 2019 including Statement on the non-financial information
- PKOBP GHG Protocol Reporting
- Appeal to PKO BP
- Response to the appeal 10.12.2019
- Appeal 13 NGOs to President PKO BP
- Response to the appeal 13 NGOs 30.10.2019