What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved on the user’s device by websites that the user visits. Cookies contain various information which is frequently necessary for correct operation of a website. Disabling cookies in the browser that a user uses may cause problems or render the use of some functions of a website impossible.
Cookies are encrypted in a mode that unauthorised persons do not have access to them. Information contained in cookies encompasses data about the user’s activity on the website from which it was sent. Cookies are saved in the memory of the end device, e.g. a computer, a tablet, a mobile phone of the user for the purpose facilitating navigation and adjusting the website to the user’s preferences.
PKO Bank Polska S.A. (the Bank) may combine information collected on the basis of cookies with other data of clients held by it (exclusively in reference to the Bank’s clients), provided the client agreed to it and did disable cookies, in order to prepare a product or service offer of the Bank which has been tailored to the client's expectations.
Disabling cookies in the browser used by the user or deletion of cookies is possible after proper configuration of settings in the browser. If the user's mobile devices is equipped with the iOS system, in order to use the full version of websites, it is necessary to enable cookies.
Depending on the time for which cookies are installed, they are divided into:
- session (transient) cookies: they not saved on the drive and are necessary to retain the context of the user’s sessions; they are often used by various websites on account of the specific nature of the HTTP protocol which is used to transmit websites;
- persistent cookies - which are not removed after closing the browser and which may be used in the future by the website; among them, we can distinguish:
- first party cookies - the websites configures cookies only for its own needs;
- third party cookies: the website sets cookies so that they can be used by other websites.
- basic cookies: are installed if the user agreed for it with the use of software settings installed on the user’s telecommunication device. Among basic cookies, we can distinguish technical and analytical cookies:
- technical cookies: are necessary for the correct operation of the website and are used by the Bank to:
- guarantee safety of transactions in the Internet banking system;
- ensure proper display of websites, depending on the device used;
- remember whether the user agreed for the display of specific content.
- Analytical cookies are necessary for the Bank to make settlements with business partners, measure efficiency of marketing activities without personal data identification and for the purpose of improving the website and are used by the Bank to:
- examine statistics pertaining to the traffic on the pkobp.pl website;
- detect various types of abuse;
- limit certain marketing activities, e.g. to protect users from multiple displays of the same advertisement;
- measure - without identifying personal data - the efficiency of activities performed for the benefit of the Bank, e.g. in the Google advertising network, in partner programmes;
- make settlements with business partners for advertising services on the basis of registered actions provided at the users’ request;
marketing cookies: are saved on the device only in cases when the user agreed to it. With the use of these cookies in line with the users’ preferences in the area of selection of services, based on data held by the Bank, including behaviour of users on the Bank’s website, the Bank profiles advertisements displayed both on external websites and on the Bank’s websites.
Disabling, removing or blocking cookies on the Bank’s websites
If the website User does not accept cookies, the User may, at any moment, change the settings in the browser or disable cookies. However, this may result in incorrect display of the website content.
Use of websites with cookies enabled in the browser means that such files will be saved in the memory of the user's device.
More information about cookies is available in the “Help” section in the menu of the User’s browser or on the websites below:
Users who, having read the information available on websites, do not want cookies to be saved in the Internet browser, should remove them from their browser after the end of the visit on the website.
The controller of personal data is Powszechna Kasa Oszczędności Bank Polski S.A. with its registered office in Warsaw, address: ul. Puławska 15, 02-515 Warsaw, entered in the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw in Warsaw, 13th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under entry No. KRS 0000026438, VAT Reg. No. (NIP): 525-000-77-38, State Statistical No. (REGON): 016298263; share capital (paid-up) PLN 1,250,000,000, hot line: +48 800 302 302.
Data Protection Officer
A Data Protection Officer was appointed in PKO Bank Polski S.A., address: Data Protection Officer, address, ul. Puławska 15, 02-515 Warsaw, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Data pertaining to the Data Protection Officer are available on the Bank's website in the “GDRP” tab (https://www.pkobp.pl/rodo/).
Detailed information pertaining to the processing of personal data by PKO Bank Polski S.A. is available on the Bank’s website in the “GDRP” tab (https://www.pkobp.pl/rodo/).